Welcome to Ecoinformatics Lab
Our Mission is to advance the development of geospatial science to address biodiversity conservation and sustainable development related questions. The Lab actively collaborates with researchers within and outside ATREE to understand the environmental problems through aerial route and analyzing the landscape & biodiversity with spatial as well as aspatial data. We envision the Lab as a knowledge hub for application of geospatial technologies in interdisciplinary conservation research.
- Enable the use of geospatial science to enhance the value of social, ecological and interdisciplinary research and outreach activities conducted at ATREE
- Conduct and assist in applied research on conservation planning and spatial ecological modelling
- Assemble, organize and disseminate information (ecological, biophysical, and socio-economic) in appropriate formats for a wide range of users interested in conservation and management of natural resources
- Build capacity among environmental professionals in the use of spatial analytical tools and modelling
The Ecoinformatics Lab is recognized as a Resource Centre for Clark Labs. Licensed to use IDRISI software and its extensions for research and training purposes since 2004, the Lab has been recently given access to the TerrSet Geospatial Monitoring & Modelling System . With Clark Labs support, the Lab is engaging a variety of landscape ecology, land change modelling and spatial modeling activities.
The Lab is also licensed for the use of ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine and E-cognition software. The Lab also uses opensource geospatial software/tools like QGIS, Geoserver, Openlayers, PostgreSQL(POSTGIS)...etc.
- Optimising forest benefits whilst minimising impacts of emerging zoonotic diseases: co-developing an interdisciplinary tool for forests in India
- Living Spaces as Environmentally Unjust Public Goods: Pollution and the Asymmetrical Distribution of Physiological and Psychological Ailment in Coastal-Urban and Hill-Town Tamil Nadu
- Landuse/Landcover Mapping and Change Detection of Arkavathy and Noyyal River Basin for ACCUWa Project
- Landuse/Landcover Mapping and Change Detection for Bhavani Sagar Catchment for ASSAR-CARIAA project
ATREE spatial archive is a platform for sharing all the spatial data available at Eco informatics Lab within the ATREE community. This archive is accessible for everyone within ATREE only. Access to project outputs need permission from respective PIs.
- Abhishek Samrat, Research Assistant, Ecoinformatics lab, email@example.com
- Gowri Uday Navrathna, Research Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Course offered by Ecoinformatics Lab to ATREE Academy PhD programme
ATREE-ODK workshop 2018
ATREE-ODK workshop 2019