Biswa Bhusana Mahapatra
Biswa Bhusana Mahapatra
Integrated M.Sc (Life Science), National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha, India
- “Hands-on workshop on basics of GIS”, IIBM Guwahati, organised by ATREE, Feb 10-12, 2020 (TA)
- “Technical workshop on basics of mollusc taxonomy and ecology”, IIBM Guwahati, organised by ATREE, Feb 12-15, 2020 (Lecture on Basic GIS and applications)
- "Training on Ecological Niche Modelling for scientists of ICFRE, Dehradun" organised by CES, IISc Bengaluru, Dec 6-10, 2021 (Hands-on Max-Ent SDM, and Generating Map using QGIS)
- Winter school on "Horticultural Biodiversity for Livelihood and Nutritional Security in the Era of Anthropocene and Climate change", ICAR-IIHR, Bengaluru, Mar 11-31, 2022 (Hands-on Max-Ent SDM)
- Presented a talk on "Distribution and determinants of animal invasive species" in ATBC 2021, July 21-23.
- Presented a poster on "Potential distribution and extent of niche shift in invasive mammals across the globe" in Ecology Across Borders 2021, Dec 9 -15.
- Presented PhD research progress in MAHE PhD conclave 2022, May 27-28.
- Anwesha Saha, Mateusz Baca, Danijela Popović, Zeinolabedin Mohammadi, Biswa Bhusana Mahapatra, Urban Olsson, Lucja Fostowicz-Frelik, "Towards filling the gap: Lagomorpha evolutionary puzzle" in ASM 2022, June 17-21. (Co-author)
- Anwesha Saha, Mateusz Baca, Danijela Popovic, Zeinolabedin Mohammadi, Urban Olsson, Emily Roycroft, Biswa Bhusana Mahapatra, Lucja Fostowicz-Frelik, "Lagomorpha evolutionary puzzle: what novel mitogenomes reveal?" in SCCS Europe 2022, Hungary, Sep 14-17. (Co-author)
- Presented a talk on "Do invasive mammals follow niche conservatism?" in SCCS New York 2022, Oct 3-7.
- Presented a talk on "Freshwater mollusc invasion - patterns in spreading" in LAKE 2022, CES, IISc Bengaluru, Dec 29.
- “Herping Trail Odisha - 2”, organised by People for Animals, Angul, Odisha, India, Sep 17-18, 2016
- One day Author workshop conducted by Elsevier in association with National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha, India, 23rd Aug 2017
- “Workshop on Statistical Methods and R programming for Biologists”, Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata, March 7 -13, 2018
- “Workshop on Bioresource Database in Research and Education”, Indian Bio-resources Information Network, School of Ecology and Conservation, UAS Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, December 10-11, 2018
- “Workshop on Open Data Kit (ODK) for Field Researchers” organised by The Academy for Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies, ATREE, Bangalore, 12-14 December 2018
- “Summer school in Geospatial Technologies”, organised by National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, July 11-31, 2019
- "Interactive, reproducible, and accessible species distribution modelling for conservation with Wallace, SCCS-NY 2022", Oct-3, 2022
- Aravind N.A., HN P.B. & Mahapatra B.B. (2022). Niche shifts, low haplotype diversity and invasion potentials of invasive snail Lissachatina fulica (Gastropoda: Achatinidae)
- Mahapatra, B. B., & Aravind, N. A. (2021). Laevicaulis haroldi (Veronicellidae: Gastropoda), a potential future invader to India. Current Science (00113891), 120(11).
- Seetha S., Sahu S., Mahapatra B.B., Mishra M. (2017) Post Embryonic Changes in the Eye of an Economic Mango Plant Pest Amritodus atkinsoni Leth. (Hemiptera: Membracoidea: Cicadellidae). In: Oral A., Bahsi Oral Z. (eds) 3rd International Multidisciplinary Microscopy and Microanalysis Congress (InterM). Springer Proceedings in Physics, vol 186. Springer, Cham
- Mahapatra, B. B., Marathe, S. A., Meyer-Rochow, V. B., & Mishra, M. (2016). A closer look at the feather coloration in the male purple sunbird, Nectarinia asiatica. Micron, 85, 44-50.
- Training and Travel Grants Ecology Across Border 2021 (British Ecological Society)
- British Ecological Society
- India Research Management Initiative (IRMI)
Identifying potential drivers of invasion and assessing the extent of niche shift in globally invasive vertebrates