1| Ph.D. Thesis
The primary objective of my thesis is to achieve long-term climate change mitigation through looking at the carbon dynamics, ecological appropriateness and community interaction of multiple forest plantation regimes in peninsular India.
- 2017-19: 2 years M.Sc Botany (Specialization: Cytogenetics and Plant Biotechnology)- University of Mumbai, Maharashtra
- 2013-17: 4 years Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Professional Education) - Regional Institute of Education (NCERT) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
3.1| Popular Science articles:
- Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar & Roy, Anirban (2015). Capuchin Monkeys: The New World Primates. Science Horizon (Odisha Bigyan Academy), 2: 11-16.
- Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar & Roy, Anirban (2015). Platypus: The Animal of Confusions. Science Horizon (Odisha Bigyan Academy), 3: 17-24.
- Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar & Roy, Anirban (2015). Novel Therapy for River blindness and filariasis (Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine - 2015; Part I). Science Horizon (Odisha Bigyan Academy), 11: 7-16.
- Roy, Anirban & Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar (2015). When you do not know who you are! Science Science (NCERT), 53 (3): 23-31.
- Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar & Roy, Anirban (2016). Novel Therapy for Malaria (Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine - 2015; Part II). Science Horizon (Odisha Bigyan Academy), 6: 23-27.
- Goswami, Manasi & Roy, Anirban (2016). The Secret of Electric Jolt of Electric Fishes. Science Reporter (CSIR), 53 (05): 38-40.
- Roy, Anirban (2016). Accidental Discoveries in Medical Science. Dream 2047 (Vigyan Prasar), 19 (08): 25- 28.
- Goswami, Manasi & Roy, Anirban (2017). How do they know where they are flying. Science Reporter (CSIR), 54 (07): 31-32.
- Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar & Roy, Anirban (2017). Opah: The World’s First Warm-Blooded Fish. Science Horizon (Odisha Bigyan Academy), 2 (5): 30-35.
- Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar & Roy Anirban (2017). Prof. Obaid Siddiqui, the Legendary Molecular Biologist. Science Horizon (Odisha Bigyan Academy), 2 (12): 67-70.
- Roy, Anirban (2018). How the Geckos climb the wall. Dream 2047 (Vigyan Prasar), 20 (10): 27-28.
- Roy, Anirban & Ojha, Srikant (2018). To draw or not to draw. Science Reporter (CSIR), 55 (1): 26-27.
- Roy, Anirban (2020).The Unnoticed Mystery behind what we commonly see! Journal of Advanced Scientiic Education and Research, 1: 12-14
3.2| Research Papers:
- Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar & Roy, Anirban (2019). Exploring drawing skills and mental images of secondary students on Human Digestive System through Hand Drawing. Journal of Indian Education, XLIV (2): 94-108. Link: https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/publication/journalsandperiodicals/journalofind...
- Roy, Anirban & Janbandhu, Supriya (2020). An ethnobotanical analysis on flora-medicine continuum among the tribal inhabitants of Ratnagiri and Palghar district, Maharashtra, India. Ethnobotany Research and Applications, 20 (43): 1-23. DOI: 10.32859/era.20.43.1-23
- Di Pasquo M., Kavali P.S., Dino R., Shivanna M., Pedãrao E. & Roy A. (2021). Faunipollenites Bharadwaj 1962 and Protohaploxypinus Samoilovich 1953 emend. Morbey 1975: Morphologic comparison of oxidized and nonoxidized specimens from India and Brazil, and its taxonomic importance. Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências, 93 (1): e20190094. DOI: 10.1590/0001-3765202120190094
- Ojha, Srikant, Roy, Anirban & Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar (2021). Environmentally relevant concentrations of Cadmium impair morpho-physiological development and metamorphosis in Polypedates maculatus (Anura, Rhacophoridae) tadpoles. Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, 3 (2021): 133-141. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enceco.2021.03.002
- Kavali, P.S., Roy, A., Pasquo, M., Gurumurthy, G.P., Sharma, G. & Kumar, A. (2021). New age of the lower Talchir formation in the Wardha Basin, Central India, based on guide palynomorphs present in radiometrically-dated palynozonations in South America. Africa and Australia. Ameghiniana, 58 (4): 318-344. DOI: 10.5710/AMGH.29.03.2021.3423
- Roy, Anirban & Singh, Sushmita. (2021). Investigating the learning gaps of Senior-secondary children through original biological images: What really lacks? Voice of Teacher and Teacher Educators, X (I): 177-190. Link: https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/publication/journalsandperiodicals/vtte/July_Is...
- Roy, Anirban & Fleischman, Forrest. (2022). The evolution of forest restoration in India: The journey from precolonial to India's 75th year of Independence. Land Degradation & Development, 33 (10): 1527-1540. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ldr.4258
- Roy, Anirban & Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar (2022). A Gender-based Investigation of Indian Senior Secondary Students' Misconceptions about Plant Reproduction through Concept Inventory. Interdisciplinary Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 18 (4), e2287. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21601/ijese/12089
- Roy, Anirban & Mohapatra, Animesh Kumar (2022). Pre-service Trainee Teachers’ Perspective on ‘Study from Home’ during the COVID-19 Pandemic, “Home or Classrooms: How does it differ?” The Online Journal of Distance Education and e-Learning, 10 (1), 119-133. Link: https://tojdel.net/journals/tojdel/articles/v10i02/v10i02-12.pdf
4| Research Experiences and Internships:
- Oct' 2021: Untangling the complexities of carbon markets to increase local participation in the context of United States. (University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis-St. Paul's, USA)
- April’ 2019 : Hypothesizing the effects of Evolutionary Isolation of Hosts on Colonizer Phenotypes in the Temperate ecosystems. (Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes, FRANCE)
- Jan’ 2019: Reconstruction of Vegetation and Evolutionary patterns of Terrestrial Ecology of Gondwana basin in India (Master's Thesis). (Birbal Sahni of Palaeosciences, Lucknow, INDIA)
- May’ 2018: Impacts of Grazing and Altitudinal transition on Herbaceous communities in different topographic regimes of Western Himalayas, India. (Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun, INDIA)
- Aug’ 2017: An Ethnobotanical study of Indigenous Medicinal plants in Palghar and Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra, India. (KJSSC, Vidyavihar, Mumbai, INDIA)
- July’ 2016: A morpho-physiological analytic study of tadpoles through the impacts of a toxic stimulant/marker. (Regional Institute of Education (NCERT) Bhubaneswar, INDIA)
- Jan’ 2016: Exploring Drawing Skills and Mental Images of Secondary Students on Human Digestive System through Hand Drawing. (Regional Institute of Education (NCERT) Bhubaneswar, INDIA)
- April’ 2015: Investigative studies of construction of the Cognitive Schema in the Secondary Students of different backgrounds. (Regional Institute of Education (NCERT) Bhubaneswar, INDIA)
5| Paper Presentation(s) and Talk(s):
- Delivered a talk on “How Plants interact with each other” at 4th State of the Map Asia International Conference hosted at Krishibid Institution, Dhaka, Bangladesh (travel scholarship received from State of the Map Asia 2019 Working Group)
- Delivered an oral presentation on “Impacts of Grazing on the Species Diversity and Composition of herbaceous communities in Tungnath Alpine Rangelands, Western Himalayas, INDIA” at 6th International Conference on Plants and Environmental Pollution, held at CSIR-NBRI, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (scholarship received from Travel Grant of IUBS, Paris).
- Presented a poster on “Biodiversity and endemic plants of tribal predominant districts of Maharashtra” at International India Science Festival, conducted at IIT Chennai- 2017.
- Presented a poster on “An Ethnobotanical study and phytochemical screening of secondary metabolites of Indigenous medicinal plants in Palghar and Ratnagiri district, Maharashtra, India” and bagged a position of top five at Two days National Symposium on Current trends in Herbal Drug discovery and Ethnopharmacology at VES’s College of Pharmacy, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Symbiotek- The Student Council of Department of BIOSCIENCES and BIO-ENGINEERING, IIT Bombay awarded with the Best Poster title in their annual event held in March 2018.
- Delivered an oral presentation on “Exploring Drawing Skills and Mental Images of Secondary Students on Human Digestive System through Hand Drawing” (Research paper) at National Seminar on Science Education, hosted by Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- Presented a poster on “Exposure of Polypedates maculatus (Gray, 1830) tadpoles to Cadmium reveals delayed metamorphosis and development of tumours” at Intercollegiate Research Meet and Poster Presentation “JIGNYASA” at SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Sion, Maharashtra.
- Delivered an oral presentation on “Exploring the Creative Mental Representation of the SecondaryGrade Children about Scientific Concepts employing 'Bi-linguistic' Approach of Prefixes and Suffixes” (Research paper) at Language across Curriculum in Multi-Linguistic context, hosted by Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Delivered an oral presentation on “Exploring the Basic misconceptions in Biological Science learning of Secondary Grade Children” (Research paper) at National Conference on Science Education, hosted by Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
6| Grant(s) Received:
Project Title: Estimation of current and prediction of long-term Carbon sequestration in biomass and soil carbon in reforested tracts around Bangalore: 8560 USD, SayTrees (Bengaluru)