The Conservation Practice Masters is open to students from diverse backgrounds. ATREE has an affirmative policy that encourages women and persons from underprivileged groups to apply. Admissions will be made in this affirmative spirit, with due diligence to the Government of Karnataka’s reservation policy that TDU follows. Besides Indian students, we are currently also accepting applications from international students. TDU is registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO), and will facilitate registration of foreign students with the FRRO.
In order to be eligible to do the Conservation Practice Masters, you must fulfill the below mentioned criteria:
- For Indian applicants: have a bachelor's degree from a UGC recognized university including but not limited to Traditional Health Sciences, Biomedicine, Life Science, Environmental Science, Design, Architecture, Performing and Fine Arts, Visual Communication, Economics, Geography, Anthropology, Social Work, Political Science, Mass Communication, Engineering and Management. Applicants with a master’s degree in a related field are also welcome to apply.
- For international applicants: have a Bachelor's degree from a reputed University in any branch of the humanities, sciences, engineering or traditional health sciences and a score of 6.5 or higher in IELTS / 90 or higher in TOEFL or equivalent qualifying test for English language and proven writing skills.
- Have secured at least 55% on average in their previous degree (either bachelors or masters)
- Applicants must have either secured a fellowship, be sponsored for fees and research expenses, or self-finance their study. ATREE and TDU are assessing avenues to provision a limited number of scholarships that will be available from 2022 onwards.
If you are satisfied that you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, we encourage you to apply! Your application must include the following:
- A single merged PDF that contains a self-attested copy of the following certificates: class 10th marksheet, class 12th board marksheets.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Self-attested copy of academic transcripts from your bachelor’s degree in pdf format. Students who have also completed a master’s degree must include the transcripts for that degree as well
- Statement of Purpose (SoP)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- PDF of any other diplomas or certificates you want to share on your application
- Digital copy of recent passport size photo (JPEG/PDF/TIFF of size <1Mb)
- Completed application form
The Statement of Purpose (SoP) details the student’s interest and motivations, relevance of recent and current activities to the programme and academic interests and background. The SoP will be assessed for (a) relevance (b) originality and (c) clarity of understanding. The SoP assesses an applicant's environmental interests and enthusiasm, and their analytical and practical inclinations in engaging with conservation and sustainability questions and challenges. The SoP must, in essay form (750-1000 words), answer these questions.
- Why do you want to enroll in the conservation practice programme?
- What are your concerns, interests and aspirations around the field of environmental conservation?
- Which of your experiences and interests matter for consideration and qualification to the programme?
- Does the degree and its prospects align with your career and life interests? How?
- Have you been involved in any campus and off-campus activities relating to conservation and sustainability? Please describe. These could include climate change activism, organic farming practice or consumption, wildlife watching or campaigning, or engaging with indigenous or local cultures.
In answering these questions, please introduce us to your student career, your environmental concerns, interests, aspirations and activities. Finally, tell us why interdisciplinarity appeals to you as a research or practice approach.
Submission of Application
Please submit the above mentioned documents and the completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure your application is submitted by 30th July (phase 1 applicants) and 3rd September (phase 2 applicants) at the latest. You can download the application form from the website or send an email request to email@example.com. Account details for payment of application fees of 500 INR are mentioned in the application form.
After you have submitted your application, and if it clears all eligibility criteria, you will automatically be registered to do an online entrance exam. The multiple choice exam will consist of the following broad themes/sections:
- Quantitative-analytical thinking
- Ecology, environmental science and social science
- Conservation and sustainability
- Economy, policy and society
The exam will take place on 18th August (phase 1 applicants) and 8th September (phase 2 applicants). We will notify applicants.
The selection to the programme will be based on the entrance exam scores, the Statement of Purpose assessed by the admissions committee and a personal interview. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a personal interview which will take place on 19th August (phase 1 applicants) and 9th September (phase 2 applicants).
Fee structure differs based on nationality of applicant. Fee structure for all applicants can be accessed from the table below.
Please note that this does not include the costs a student may incur in conducting research or undertaking optional field visits.
Considering the current covid situation the University shall allow the student to pay the first semester fee in two installments, as per the timeline mentioned here. The decision on extending the same in the second semester will be taken only if the situation prevails and with the approval from the TDU Registrar Office.
If you have any questions, take a look at our FAQ page. Still have queries? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or fill this form. You can also call us at +919606444328.
All COVID-19 related protocols and procedures will be followed during admissions. The 1st semester will be remotely administered.