Position: Development Director
About the job
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is seeking to fill the position of Development Director. The individual selected for this position is expected to provide strategic direction in growing the organisational funding by leading the development team. They will be responsible for building and executing the development plan, and implementing the systems to support the function.
Here are some of the more specific responsibilities that come with this position:
- Develop and steward ATREE’s annual fundraising plan
- Identify opportunities to develop and strengthen donor relationships to advance funding
- Create a partner-ecosystem and build a roadmap
- Develop and manage key executive relationships, including growth opportunities, action planning, day-to-day relationships, and forecasting funding increments
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand stakeholder-based needs and goals, generate leads
- Develop a work plan with financial goals, timelines, and prospective funding opportunities
- Work on collaterals / campaigns in collaboration with the Communications team to enhance the global profile of ATREE
- Maintain and improve ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a plan for a large and sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Coordinate with individual or groups of researchers to develop new areas of research and impact
- Collaborate with staff on planning and execution of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Follow up with ATREE’s donor and organization base to build a strong CRM system
The candidate should possess a minimum qualification of a Masters Or Equivalent degree (in any field) with a keen interest inter-disciplinary knowledge of Social and Natural Sciences / Liberal Arts.
We require somebody with 15 years of total work experience and 5+ years spent in leadership and management roles, leading development strategy, fund raising with cross functional teams and communication excellence. A hands-on approach to build and drive CRM and Grant Management Systems/Tools in a non-profit such as ATREE would be highly desirable.
Appointments and emoluments
Salary will be based on experience and ability. Salaries at ATREE are competitive and at par with other equivalent organizations in the non-profit sector. The position will be based in Bangalore.
ATREE (www.atree.org) is a global think tank in environmental policy and a leading conservation and environmental research organization. ATREE seeks to address pressing environmental challenges through interdisciplinary research, teaching, and engagement with societal institutions. ATREE fosters autonomy, professional growth, diversity, and gender equity at the workplace. Women and persons from underprivileged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email their CV with a Covering Letter (compulsory), the ames and contact information of three references, and a letter describing their professional goals and interests for the future. Mails and queries should be addressed to:
The HR Manager
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment
Royal Enclave, Srirampura, Jakkur P.O. Bangalore 560 064.
Tel: +91 (80) 2363-5555, Fax: 2353-0070