The Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (www.atree.org) is one of South Asia's leading conservation and environmental research organizations. ATREE seeks to address pressing environmental challenges through interdisciplinary research, teaching and active engagement with civil society and policy makers. For information on ATREE’s Water and Society programme.
ATREE seeks a Senior Research Associate to work in an area related to society, water, and climate, housed within the Centre for Environment and Development.
ATREE fosters autonomy, professional growth, diversity and gender equity at the workplace. Women and persons from underprivileged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- B.Tech/B.E in Civil Engineering with M.Tech/M.E in Environmental Engineering with 3 years of experience in water & wastewater sector.
- Experience in design of water & wastewater treatment units
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience in RS&GIS, modelling & statistical tools is a must
- Deliver timely, succinct and accurate data and research reports, including insightful qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Oversee and manage end-to-end research projects, ensuring alignment with objectives.
- Contribute to the design and refinement of research methodologies and experiments.
- Supervise data collection, conduct statistical analysis, and interpret research findings.
- Prepare comprehensive research reports and document procedures for diverse audiences.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, providing guidance to junior researchers.
- Conduct literature reviews, integrate information from existing research, and stay updated on methods.
- Contribute to grant and proposal writing, seeking funding opportunities for projects.
- Present research findings at conferences, workshops, and engage with stakeholders.
- Stay informed about field advancements, pursue ongoing professional development.
Appointments and Emoluments:
The initial appointment will be one year, with the opportunity of renewal for a second year, subject to satisfactory progress. Salaries at ATREE are competitive and at par with other academic institutions in India. The positions will be based in ATREE’s office in Bangalore.
Interested persons should submit their applications including a covering letter summarizing their interest and experience, detailed CV and copy of publications.
Upload all the files in pdf and make sure the job title and your name is part of the file name.
The deadline for receiving applications is February 29, 2024.