- Ph.D. in Forest Resources and Conservation, 2008. University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- M.S. in Environmental Horticulture, 2003. University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- B.Sc. in Horticulture, 2000. Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya (State Agricultural University), Mohanpur, West Bengal, India
Ecological and socioeconomic aspects of mitigation and adaptation in forests and tropical agricultural systems, soil and plant nutrient management, organic agriculture, agroforestry and urban forestry
Climate Change Management, Agroforestry, Sustainable Agriculture, Tropical Forestry
- March 2010 - Present: Fellow (equivalent to Assistant Professor), Centre for Environment and Development, Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE), Bangalore, India
- February - December, 2009: Postdoctoral Scientist, School of Forest Resources & Conservation and Soil & Water Science Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- September 2008 - January 2009: Postdoctoral Scientist, Department of Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- January 2004 - August 2008: Graduate Research Assistant, School of Forest Resources & Conservation, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- August 2001 - December 2003: Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- September 2000 - July 2001: Research Assistant, Department of Floriculture and Landscaping, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Mohanpur, West Bengal, India
- East Africa (Kenya & Uganda) with World Agroforestry Center
- Guatemala with Wildlife Conservation Society
- Costa Rica with Global Gators Program, USA
Grants / Awards / Honors
- Future Leaders' Forum scholarship organized by Association for International Agriculture and Rural Development (AIARD) in Washington, DC, June 2008
- Coca-Cola World Citizenship Program Fellowship, 2005
- General Scholarship of the Florida Turfgrass Association, 2003
- Travel grants from the Graduate Student Council, Institute of Food and Agricultural Science and School of Forest Res. and Consvn., Univ. of Florida, USA, 2003 - 2007
Meetings / Conferences / Symposiums / Workshops
- 'Sensitization workshop on carbon sequestration and carbon trading' by the National Afforestation and Eco-development Board, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India, May 2010
- 44th Annual Meeting of AIARD and Future Leaders' Forum, Washington, DC, June 2008
- ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meetings, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, November 2007
- 1st World Congress of Agroforestry, Orlando, Florida, USA, June 2004
- ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meetings, Denver, Colorado, USA, November 2003
- Florida Horticulture & Turfgrass Society Annual Meetings in Orlando & Tampa, USA 2001 - 2003.
- Saha, S.K., Nair, P.K.R., Nair, V.D., Kumar, B.M. 2010. Carbon storage in relation to soil size fractions under some tropical tree-based land-use systems. Plant and Soil 328: 433 - 446.
- Nair, P.K.R., Saha, S.K., Nair, V., Haile S. 2010. Potential for greenhouse gas emissions from soil carbon stock following biofuel cultivation on degraded lands. Land Degradation & Devt. (DOI 10.1002/ldr.1016).
- b, Nair, P.K.R., Nair, V.D., Kumar B.M. 2009. Soil carbon stock in relation to plant diversity in homegarden systems in Kerala, India. Agroforestry Systems 76:53 - 65.
- Saha, S.K., L.E.Trenholm, and J.B.Unruh. 2007. Effect of fertilizer source on nitrate leaching and St. Augustinegrass turf quality. HortScience 42(6): 1478 - 1481.
- Saha, S.K., L.E.Trenholm, and J.B.Unruh. 2005. Effect of fertilizer source on water use of St. Augustinegrass and ornamental plants. HortScience 40 (7): 2164 - 2166.
- Nair, P.K.R. et al. 2009. Soil Carbon in Agroforestry Systems: An Unexplored Treasure? Nature precedings, Source: http://precedings.nature.com/documents/4061/version/1
- News article: International Focus (June 2007). A Different Kind of Home Gardening http://international.ifas.ufl.edu/focus_newsletters/2007/june/different-...
- Book Review: Agroforestry and Biodiversity Conservation in Tropical Landscapes (G. Schroth et al., eds). 2006. Island Press, Washington. Agroforestry Systems 68 (3): 247 - 249.
Dr. Subhrajit K. Saha
Royal Enclave, Srirampura,
Jakkur Post, Bangalore-560064
Ph. No: 91-80-23635555 ext. 320, Fax 91-80-23530070