Title: Project Manager
Organization: Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)
Location: Bangalore, India with travel requirements to field sites across Eastern Himalayas and other parts of India
ATREE is seeking a fulltime Project Manager to oversee our interdisciplinary research projects in the Eastern Himalayas aimed at promoting environmental sustainability in India and beyond. The successful candidate will have a strong background in project management, particularly in the areas of biodiversity conservation and working with local communities.
• Develop and manage project plans, budgets, and timelines for research projects related to environmental sustainability, conservation, and natural resource management.
• Coordinate with interdisciplinary research teams, including scientists, engineers, and policy experts, to ensure project objectives are met.
• Communicate with external stakeholders, including funding agencies, government officials, and local communities, to promote collaboration and support for research projects.
• Oversee project implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, and ensure timely reporting of project results.
• Identify and pursue new funding opportunities to support ATREE’s research and conservation objectives.
• Master’s degree or higher in social science-based background focussing on environmental and biodiversity conservation.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in project management, particularly in the areas of community-driven biodiversity conservation.
• Strong organizational and planning skills, with experience in developing and managing project plans, budgets, and timelines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with external stakeholders.
• Experience of working in interdisciplinary research teams and with diverse stakeholders.
• Knowledge of funding agencies and opportunities for environmental research and conservation in India and beyond.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with the name of the position in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submitting the applications is till 15th of March. ATREE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.