GIS-Remote Sensing Specialist
Title: GIS-Remote Sensing Specialist
Organization: Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)
Location: Bangalore, India
ATREE is seeking a fulltime GIS-Remote Sensing Specialist for immediate fulfilment to join our team of researchers at the Bangalore office, dedicated to promoting environmental sustainability in India and beyond. The successful candidate will have a strong background in GIS and remote sensing technologies and their applications in ecological research, particularly in the areas of biodiversity conservation and land-use change.
• Design and implement GIS and remote sensing-based research projects related to biodiversity conservation, land-use change, and other related areas.
• Manage and analyze spatial data and conduct statistical analyses and modelling using GIS and remote sensing software.
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary research teams within ATREE and with external partners to develop and implement research projects.
• Develop and conduct training programs on GIS and remote sensing for ATREE staff and external stakeholders.
• Publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals and present research findings at conferences.
• Master’s degree or higher in geography, environmental science, ecology, or a related field.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in GIS and remote sensing research and analysis.
• Proficiency in GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and ENVI, and experience with remote sensing software such as ERDAS Imagine and ENVI.
• Strong analytical and statistical skills, with experience using R, Python, or similar software.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience working in interdisciplinary research teams and with diverse stakeholders.
Fulfil travel requirements to field sites across India
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with the name of the position in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for submitting the applications is till 15th of March. ATREE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.