Position: Cluster Development Executive (CDE)
Location: BRHills, Chamarajanagara district.
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is a non-profit research organization, which generates interdisciplinary knowledge to inform policy and practice in conservation and sustainable development. The Centre for Environment and Development at ATREE tries to understand how the process of development - economic, technological, socio-cultural and political - can lead to sustainable and equitable use of natural resources as well as contribute to poverty alleviation and increasing human wellbeing.
About the Project:
ATREE is looking for a highly motivated and young dynamic candidate for the position of Cluster Development Executive, for its upcoming project on “BR Hills Wild Bee Honey Cluster (Major) under Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI), Government of India. This project is aiming at establishing common facility centre (CFC) for processing wild honey to provide socio-economic living opportunity for the tribal community, ATREE is an Implementing Agency (IA) and Keystone Foundation is a Technical Agency (TA).
Qualification and Required Skill:
- Degree in any discipline with 2 - 3 years of Industrial/Administration/Project coordination/ Project Planning/Project implementation experience.
- Experience in working with the community, artisan, and with govt. department.
- Leadership quality to mobilise artisan group to organise and conduct training and workshops.
- Managerial skill to oversee operations in Common Facility Centres.
- Good communication skills. Language proficiency in English and Kannada.
- Computers and basic software needed for preparation of reports and updating websites.
- Cluster development Executive (CDE) shall anchor the SFURTI project implementation at BR Hills.
- Establishment of common facility centre (CFC).
- Operation and maintenance of CFC.
- Close coordination with Implementing Agency (IA) and Technical agency (TA)
- Periodic progress reports submission to Nodal Agency (NA) and Ministry of MSME (Micro Small, Medium Enterprises) and updating documents on their website.
- Coordination of soft interventions for all the stakeholders as per the SFURTI program.
- Procurement of cluster products, product development, product mix, product diversification in consultation with IA and TA
- Product development, packaging, and marketing strategies.
- Liaison with Govt., departments
Emoluments: Commensurate with qualification and work experience.
Joining: Immediate joining (The position shall be initially for a period of 1 year, which shall be extendable for further period depending on the satisfactory performance of the CDE up to a maximum of up to 3 years or till the completion of the project, whichever happens earlier)
Interested candidates should send their applications along with a covering letter, CV, and two reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com. The position will remain open until 25th April 2021. The subject line of application should say “Cluster Development Executive (CDE)”