- Abi T. Vanak. 'Workshop on Conservation of semi-arid savanna grasslands and their associated fauna'.Funded by SuriSehgal Centre for Biodiversity and Conservation. SCCS, Bengaluru. 25 Sept 2013.
- Ethics in human and animal research. Organized by KrithiKaranth, Abi T. Vanak and KartikShanker. Student Conference on Conservation Science (SCCS), Bengaluru. 27 Sept 2013.
Vidyadhar Atkore conducted a workshop on 'Freshwater conservation biology: concepts and techniques' on 25th September at SSCS, Bengaluru. The other instructors were Robin Kurien, Tarun Nair, and NachiketKelkar (of the 2013 ATREE PhD batch).
- Jalapaadom, Vembanad CERC: Seventy students participated in the ATREE-organised second Student Wetland Congress, held on 31 January at Alappuzha.
- Agasthyamalai Community-based Conservation Centre organized a two-day Nature Tracking workshop for students of Kendra Vidyalaya, Kattabomman Indian Navy Service, Vijayanarayanam, on 29-30 March 2012.
- Outreach and conservation education programme for students of Std 10+. Ten students attended the Vacation Training Programme on bioresources, conducted 7-26 May 2012.
- ATREE and NCBS organized a two-day seminar and workshop in Gangtok 2-3 May 2012 to share progress of the DBT project in Sikkim with the Forest Department and other stakeholders. The seminar was organized by students and researchers. Two follow up workshops for local students and researchers were held on communication skills and study design.
- Perspectives on Environment and Development. A week-long certificate course to encourage thinking, dialogue and interaction across disciplinary lines…
- World Environment Day celebrated at ATREE with neighbourhood schools
- Vacation Training Programme 2011. Certificate course on bio-resources for school students, held yearly during the summer vacations…
- Jalapaadom, the conservation education programme of ATREE’s Vembanad Community Environmental Resource Centre completed four years of operation with the 2011 summer camp. 26 and 27 April 2011.
- Vembanad CERC teacher’s workshop to initiate Jalapaadom activities for this academic.June 21, 2011 at CERC, ATREE, Alappuzha.
- About fifty Forest Guards and Range Officers of Karnataka Forest Department attended Dr. R. Ganesan’s talk on ‘Practicing Botany in the Field’, on 18 Feb 2011. The talk, along with a visit to the Mysore University arboretum, highlighted the importance of basic plant taxonomy skills to deal with illegal collection of rare and threatened plants. This talk was arranged at the request of the Forestry Training College, Mysore and the Department of Botany, Mysore University.
- ATREE, International Photography Partnerships (IPP) and NIKON held a photography workshop for kids in Kanakapura, called ‘Life through our eyes’from 16-20 Feb 2011. Forty one rural school children from two schools in Kanakapura participated. The workshop was held for five days.
- Workshop on alien plant invasives for foresters more...
- Workshop on Integrated Eco-system Modelling more...
- Vacation Training Programme at ATREE more...
- Debut of 'Nature Talkies' at Agasthyamalai CCC more...
- Inland fisheries bill workshop - more...
- Vembanad Fish Count 2010 - news reports
- Wetland day celebration in Vembanad more...
- Creating a Community Conservation Reserve more...
- ‘Environment Education for the School Teachers’, MM hills, Malai Mahadeshwara Hills, Kollegal, Chamrajanagara, Karnataka, 26-27 February, 2010. more...
- ‘Collaborative management of Protected Areas & Forests’, Mysore, 22-23 Feb 2010.
ATREE organized a panel discussion for friends, partners, key leaders, donors and academics on ‘Science in the Service of Society’. The discussion was led by Dr. M.S. Swaminathan of MSSRF, Chennai, Dr Amita Baviskar of the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG), New Delhi and Dr Vijay Raghavan, National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore and held at ATREE, Bangalore, on 24 March 2010.
- ‘Sexual harassment at the workplace’. ATREE, Bangalore, 25 March, 2010.
- State level DBT's Natural Resource Awareness club competition was conducted at Aversa, Ankola, Karnataka on 18 January, 2010.
- ‘Advancing the Science of Taxonomy in India for Biodiversity Conservation’, a one-day workshop on 23 February in Bangalore. The workshop organized in partnership with Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy (IAAT), School of Ecology and Conservation, University of Agricultural Sciences (SEC – UAS), and the Western Ghats Invertebrate Research and Conservation Network (WGIRC) under the aegis of the National Biodiversity Authority. This workshop was supported by a grant from the Jamsetji Tata Trust to ATREE’s Academy for Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies.
- 'Water Walk', a field based workshop on Bellandur Lake for school teachers. Organised by Urban Ecology team of ATREE in association with The Teacher Foundation. Bangalore, 8 December 2009.
- Lele., S. 'Brainstorming Workshop on Proposed National Environmental Protection Authority'. (co-organized with Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi and Prayas, Pune) and sponsored by Ford Foundation. New Delhi, 6 November 2009.
- Soubadra Devy and Ganesh T and the KMTR team, ATREE, with Indian Institute of Science, Indian Academy of Sciences, School of Ecology and Conservation - UAS, Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education - IWST as co-organizers in partnership with Global Canopy Programme, The International Canopy Network, Karnataka Biodiversity Board and Jungle Lodges and Resorts, organized the 5th International Canopy Conference, at Bangalore, between 25 and 31 October 2009, where scientists discussed the relevance of canopies and canopy study to conservation, sustainable use and to the global challenge of climate change. 250 scientists, including more than 70 scientists representing Australia, Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas attended the conference.
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Department of Biotechnology, Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Indian National Science Academy, National Academy of Sciences, National Science Foundation, Infosys Foundation, Jamshetji Tata Trust, Tree Foundation and Wipro were the event sponsors.
- Ramachandran., Vivek. ‘Canopyscape: Current trends in canopy research and exploration’, organized as a part of the 5th international canopy conference under the aegis of the Academy of Conservation Science. 25 October, 2009.
- ATREE along with Centre for Ecological Sciences (CES-IISc), National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), National Institute for Advanced Studies (NIAS), conducted India's first student ecology conference - Young Ecologists Talk and Interact – YETI. YETI 2009 was held from 24th to 26th September and recorded about 350 registered participants at its website (www.meetyeti.in) from 220 institutions across twenty states of the country.
- Badiger., Shrinivas, Divya Badami Rao, Sharachchandra Lele, Smriti Das, Meetu Desai. 'Emerging Water Regulatory Frameworks and Related Reforms in Water Governance in Karnataka.' United Theological College, Bangalore, 2 September 2009.
- Siddappa Setty R., and group organised a one day workshops in both MM Hills and BRT Hills field sites on antiplastic campaign and spoke about strategies to control plastics in the forest and temple areas. Sept. 2009
- Lele, S., presented a seminar on 'Ethical Breadth of Environmentalism, Centre for Study of Culture and Society'. Bangalore. 27 August 2009.
- ATREE’s Vembanad team organized one-day workshops on puppetry and street plays at the St. Joseph's GHS, Alappuzha, Kerala, on 1 Aug 2009 with the objective of effectively transferring the message of wetland conservation from Wetland Study Centres to school kids and local residents.
- Lele, S., Ankila Hiremath, Nitin Rai. 'Social Science for Natural Scientists', sponsors Jamshetji Tata Trust, 8-13 June 2009.
- Krishnaswamy, J., Manisha Anantharaman 'Valuation of Regulating Services of Ecosystems: Some Conceptual Issues' organized by University of Liverpool and ATREE, under the Strengthening Capacity to Alleviate Poverty through Ecosystem Services (SCAPES) project, Bangalore, 15-16 June 2009.
- Niphadkar, M., Nikhil Lele, Shuvankar Ghosh, Dr. John Kineman (visiting Fulbright Fellow) organized a workshop on 'Ecological Niche modeling' for PhD Students and staff at ATREE, 11-12 March 2009.
- Niphadkar, M., Shuvankar Ghosh, Dr. John Kineman organized a workshop on 'Ecological Niche modeling' at the Center for Ecological Sciences, IISc, Bangalore. 16 March 2009.
- Niphadkar, M. Planning, organizing and teaching sections GIS-RS basic course, for PhD students and staff of ATREE, 30 March to 3 April 2009.
- ATREE and School of Ecology and Conservation, UAS, Bangalore organised an international conference on 'Invasive Plants in the Tropics: Ecology, Management and Livelihoods' in Bangalore on 5 and 6 January, 2009.
- Karnataka Forest Department, in collaboration with ATREE, organized a workshop on 'Managing, Monitoring and Utilizing Lantana camara in Reserve Forests and Protected Areas' in Aranya Bhavan, Bangalore on 3 January, 2009.
- Stockholm Resilience Centre (SRC) and ATREE organized a workshop on the 'Urban Socio-Ecological Atlas Project' at Bangalore, 19 February, 2009.
- ATREE organised a one-day 'Sharing workshop for CEPF Grantees' from the Indian Eastern Himalayas on 20 March 2009.
- Dr. Sally Duncan facilitated a one-day writing workshop for staff and students at ATREE, Bangalore on 18 March 2009.
- Dr. Sally Duncan facilitated a one-day writing workshop on proposal and report writing at Darjeeling, 27 March 2009.
- John Kineman, Visiting Fellow, ATREE, assisted by Nikhil Lele conducted a 2 day workshop on Ecological Niche Modeling at the ATREE office for ATREE staff, Ph.D. students and others. Organised by the Ecoinformatics Centre at ATREE. Bangalore.
- John Kineman, Visiting Fellow, ATREE assisted by Shuvankar Ghosh conducted a one day workshop on 'Ecological Niche Modeling' organised by the Ecoinformatics Centre, ATREE at the Centre for Ecological Sciences, IISc, Bangalore.
- A national level workshop, 'Building a sea turtle conservation network in India', was held on January 10-11, 2009. Chennai.
- Purushottaman, Seema organised a Policy forum on small farmers in Karnataka with farmers, bureaucrats, NGOs and researchers and presented work for discussion and ranking of indicators and scenarios.
- Purushottaman, Seema organised a discussion on Biodiversity Act in ATREE coinciding with the visit of the BDA chair.
- Rao, Sunita organised a workshop, 'Learning for Life - Conservation Education in our Work and World' at Navadarshanam, Gumalapuram, Tamil Nadu, 18-19 Dec, 2008.
- ATREE's Eastern Himalayas Office organised a two-day interactive workshop on 'Conservation and Livelihoods' at the Fortune Resort in Darjeeling on 25 and 26 November, 2008.
- Rao, Sunitha and A. Kavitha, along with the field staff of the Kanakapura team of ATREE, conducted the workshop, 'Conservation Education at Kanakpura - a Participatory Assessment' at ATREE's Maralwadi field office in Kanakapura. 26 July, 2008.
- Harisha, R.P., along with the field staff Madesha, and Ravi, Members of the MM Hills team of ATREE, conducted a workshop, 'Conservation Education for Schoolteachers and Children' at the Higher Primary School in the Gorasane village in MM Hills on 8 September 2008.
- Soubadra Devy, M., Mathivannan, R. Kottaimuthu, Merlin, Tamilazhagan and Piramuthu of the KMTR team of ATREE, conducted the workshop, 'Conservation Education at for Teachers" at Ambasamudram on 9 September, 2008.
- Siddappa Setty R, Minty Jain and P. Nagendra of ATREE's BRT team along with G. Nagesha from V.G.K.K conducted the Conservation Education workshop at BRT on 29 July, 2008.
- ATREE Eastern Himalayas Programme organized a workshop for CEPF grantees from North East India for stock-taking and understanding the role of traditional knowledge in CEPF supported projects, at Kalimpong on 21 September, 2008.
- ATREE, the University of Freiburg, Germany, and the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Indonesia organized a workshop on 'Forest Fire Management in India: Integrating Ecological and Cultural Contexts and Consequences", in New Delhi from 3 to 5 April, 2008.
- ATREE organised an internal workshop on Conservation Education on 11 March, 2008.
- CISED and ATREE jointly organized a workshop on the 'Scheduled Tribes and Other Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006' in Bangalore on 1 February 2008.
- Seema Purushottaman organised a workshop on behalf of ATREE on 'Policy Forum: Sustaining Small Scale Agriculture in Karnataka' at NIAS, Bangalore, February 2008.
- ATREE along with the MoEF, Government of India organised the National Workshop on Forest Fires at New Delhi on 13 and 14 November 2007.
- A Group Monitoring Workshop in the area of Life Sciences under FAST TRACK Scheme for Young Scientist was organised by the ATREE Eastern Himalayas office on 21 and 22 May 2007.
- A Research Seminar 2007 on Governance and Policy was organized for ATREE staff and trustees in Bangalore on May 30 and 31 2007.
- Prof Townsend Peterson, Dr Shaily Menon conducted a workshop on 'Ecological Niche Modelling (ENM): how to use ENM tools efficiently', organized by the Centre for Ecoinformatics at ATREE at Doddis Resort, Bangalore on 31 August 2007.
- A day long workshop was organised on the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act 2006 at Vivekananda Girijana Kalayna Kendra (VGKK), in Biligirirangan hills, On 14 August 2007.
- An internal Rural Conservation Education (CE) workshop was organised in ATREE on 9 October 2007.
- T. D. Jojo, the Programme Officer at Vembanad, organised a one day workshop on 'The Odonates and Butterflies of Vembanad' for the students of Jalapaadom Wetland Study Centers (WSCs).
- An internal workshop on Ecological Niche Modelling was held at ATREE, Bangalore on 25 and 26 July 2007.
- Ramnatha Rao, Adjunct Senior Fellow at ATREE, conducted an expert seminar for the research staff of METAHELIX Research Centre, Bommana Halli on 'Germplasm management in the globalised era'.
- A workshop on pollination by mammals was organised by ATREE at Mundanthurai between 7 and 14 February 2007.
- ATREE hosted an international workshop on Forest Canopies. Funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office Global Opportunities Fund and the United Nations Environment Programme, in collaboration with the Global Canopy Programme. Held between 11 to 14 June 2006.
- The National Capacity Needs Self-assessment (NCSA) workshop was organized by ATREE under the aegis of the Ministry of Environment and Forests supported by the United Nation Development Programme/ Global Environment Facility (GEF), and held at Shillong, Meghalaya on 26 August 2006.
- This Synthesis workshop of the British High Commission sponsored project on Ecotourism was held at Gangtok, Sikkim on 28 March 2005.
- Two consultation workshops organized at The Leela, Kovalam, Kerala on 24 November and at Doddis Resort, Bangalore on 21 November 2005.
- A workshop was organized in Bangalore to share and learn from the issues practitioners face, 15-17 December 2005.
- ATREE, in partnership with Delhi Public School, Yelahanka, conducted a three-day Biodiversity Summer Workshop at the Butterfly Garden in Delhi Public School, Bangalore. 29 - 31 March 2005.
- Conference and workshop on 'Modeling Land-use Land-cover change and species distribution in Bangalore from 11 to 13January, 2005.
- South Asian workshop on 'Accelerating implementation of National Forest Programmes (NFPs) jointly organized by ATREE, FAO and MoEF, at New Delhi, 10 to 12 March, 2004.
- ATREE, supported by Ford Foundation conducted a national workshop on 'Conservation and Livilihoods', in Bangalore on 30 to 31 January, 2004.
- ATREE in association with University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore and University of Massachusetts, USA, organized a workshop on 'Regional Cooperation for Conservation of Biodiversity Hotspots of the Indian Subcontinent and Taxanomic databases for Conservation' at Bangalore on 31 Aug and 1 Sep, 2004.
- ATREE organized a two day National workshop: 'Conservation - Education Interface: Status. Problems and Opportunities', at India International centre, New Delhi on 23-24 Jan, 2004.
- ATREE and Forestry Research program for Asia and the Pacific, FAO, Bangkok, co organized a workshop on 'Policies, Management, Utilization and Conservation Of Non Timber Forest Products in the South Asia Region', at Bangalore from 28 to 30 April.
- ATREE and University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore and University of Massachusetts, USA jointly organized an 'Indo US workshop on Ecoinformatics' co sponsored by Indo-US Science and Technology Forum. Held at Bangalore on 9 to 11 June, 2003.